August 02, 2023
We trust that the school vacation has gone well, and we look forward to the new school year. Our new school year starts on Monday, August 14, 2023! We look forward to serving you and your child(ren).
Notes for the new school year
- The school calendar for the 2023-24 school year has been sent home. If you need a copy of the new school calendar, they are available at the office, or you can view the calendar on our website – https://cla.reformation.edu/school-calendar/
- First day of school for the new school year is Monday, August 14, which is the first day of classes, lectures, and classwork. Attendance is required for all students.
- Construction will be in progress over on the high school side of the property. This construction is away from the school building/classes and will NOT affect any classes.
- We will continue to use Microsoft Teams as a tool for learning. Students from Grade Three and up will be using Teams especially for submitting homework and for taking notes. We have also found Teams to be an excellent way for teachers to communicate with students and parents. Parents, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher(s) via your child’s Team account.
(If you need any help with Microsoft Teams, please come into the office.)
- As of June 2023, CLA is accredited by NAPS (National Association of Private Schools, Oklahoma, USA). We are thankful that we are able to do this without compromising our Christian standards and our commitment to providing our students with an excellent education. Special thanks to those business associations and parents who willingly wrote references, testifying to the quality of education that we offer.
New Fees & Book Fees
If you have been associated with CLA for any length of time, you know that we are committed to providing a quality, Christian, yet affordable education. However, to help with our increasing cost of operation, our fees for the 2023-24 school year will be as follows:
Elementary (K4 – Grade 6) $75.00
Elementary (ESL) $85.00
High School (7-12) $90.00
High School (ESL) $105.00
The book rental fees will be $90.00 per semester
New Book Policy
One of our major expenses that continue to increase almost yearly is the cost of textbooks. The book rental fee we receive for one student in a year does not cover the cost of the textbooks used that year. In an attempt to keep the book rental fee down, we require that our students take good care of their textbooks. However, this is not always the case. For some students, we keep warning them, but they keep ignoring those warnings. In such cases, that student will have to pay the full price for any damaged textbook.
Parents, please understand our desire in this is to always have our books in good repair while trying to keep the cost of textbook rental down. We would appreciate your help with this.
We have seen over the years that the students that do well and show the most improvement are the students whose parents are very involved in their education. These parents make sure that their child is punctual and prepared for school. They see to it that homework assignments are done and their child is ready for tests and quizzes.
In our desire to keep you involved, we have implemented several policies over the years. You can readily communicate with the teachers through the office or through Microsoft Teams. You can easily monitor your child’s grades via our SIS (Student Information System) at https://sis.cla-sur.com/. We are happy to set up appointments so that you can meet with our administrator or with your child’s teacher(s).
All in all, we encourage you to keep being involved in your child’s education.
May God continue to bless CLA and all those that He brings there.
The Administration of CLA